What Happens If You Don’t Get Your Gutter Cleaned?
- Leakage: When your gutters aren’t cleaned, the downspout can get clogged from debris, leaves, or anything that can get in there and get stuck. These blockages allow water to collect and then overflow, which can cause roof damage.
- Mold: When leaves are clogged in your gutter, they can decompose and rot. This is how mold can grow and leave the interior or exterior of your gutters looking black. This mold can cause health issues if it makes its way into your home.
- Pests: When leaves decompose, it attracts pests. The bugs and pests being drawn to your gutters can cause them to enter your home, which no one wants.
- Roof damage: If you neglect your gutters for too long then it could result in your home needing a roof replacement. When your gutters are clogged, the water can damage your roof, overflow, and sink into your shingles. The weight of the rainwater in the gutters can cause them to rip and fall off and further damage your roof. This could also cause water damage inside of your home.
- Driveway damage: A clogged gutter system can cause catastrophic damage to your driveway. When water pools, mold can grow. In the winter the water can freeze and cause a slippery driveway.